The entire purpose of this conference is to connect people who are changing the way business looks, sounds, feels and responds. This means we will have topics and approaches that might be different than you have experienced before. The central idea we want to hold in our minds and hearts is “Not everyone is experiencing the same thing.” Consider how that central idea might impact the way you interact, respond and connect with others during the conference.
Think about how you want to use the conference to not only impact your life but your business, your employees, your clients and customers and beyond.
SPRING ONLINE/CREATE THE RULES is committed to providing a collaborative, welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, neuro-variance, disability, ethnicity, or religion. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour. We invite all sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, exhibitors, and other participants to help us create a safe, inviting and positive conference experience for everyone.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behaviour are in SPRING ONLINE/CREATE THE RULES’s sole discretion and the decision of SPRING ONLINE/CREATE THE RULES’s representatives onsite will be final.
The following behaviours are expected and requested of all Summit attendees, including:
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your fellow participants. Alert SPRING ONLINE/CREATE THE RULES staff if you notice violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
The following behaviours are considered harassment and are unacceptable at the Summit and related events.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording. You may not record any of the speakers or participants.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behaviour.
- Sustained disruption of conference events, including talks and presentations.
- Failing to follow or obey any laws or rules of the online venue.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, speakers, volunteers, organizers, sponsors, or exhibitors. Anyone asked to stop any unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, SPRING ONLINE/CREATE THE RULES staff may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify a SPRING ONLINE/CREATE THE RULES staff member, using the Questions link on the virtual platform, or at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
We expect all Summit participants (attendees and speakers, paid or otherwise; sponsors and exhibitors; and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all SPRING ONLINE/CREATE THE RULES venues—online and in-person—as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to Summit business. This code of conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behaviour occurring outside the scope of conference activities when such behaviour has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.